Help! Carb issues / rebuild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Carb issues / rebuild

1998 Sea-Doo Sportster 1800 single carb 717 Motors. The motor started fluctuating at times at wot. If I blip the throttle it would go away. Then for whatever reason when I was turning left it would start to get worse. I rebuilt the carburetor. Carb bath, compressed air, blew out everything I could every which way possible. I did put in a new needle and seat. I reused the stock spring. I did not have time to check the pop off. Got it fired and ran but then didn't want to keep running especially over 3000 RPM in the water. When it did run it would cut out directly after when I try to throttle up. It kept dying out...If i played w the throttle, under way using the other motor, I could keep it running @ about 2500 rpm for a bit but it would eventually die
    Last edited by 123indyrt; 07-10-2018, 07:31 AM.

You didn't mention of you put new rebuild kits in the carbs.

Comment

Oop's The reason I even bring it up is that new diaphragms make the fuel pump much better if they are old at all. Make sure your in-tank filter is clean as well. This may or may not help directly solve all of it's symptoms. Hope this helps you.

Comment

• 123indyrt
        123indyrt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your advice I'll check the intake screen

• 123indyrt
        123indyrt commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you know what the pop off should be on this carburetor?

Full rebuild less jets. Factory kits. Boat was out prob 6 times this year prior

Comment

OK, the next question is, when using the Mikuni Brand Rebuild kits. IF you used either of the springs, it will make your pop-off way to high. We see this all the time anymore. Hope this helps, your Pop-Off should be under 25 pounds!! Hope this helps you.

Comment

• 123indyrt
          123indyrt commented
          Editing a comment
          Because I was trying to cheat and not check the pressure I use the existing spring. I’m going to check the pop off on the machine I know I have to block off the return but that’s OK. Can can I test The fuel pump pressure to the carburetor while it’s running? If so what should the pressure be running
          Last edited by 123indyrt; 07-30-2018, 09:00 PM.

Anybody here

Comment

Working...
        X