RXT 260 top speed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RXT 260 top speed

What's the top speed we normal humans can hit (with some mods and a reasonable amount of money) on a new RXT 260?

A (recreational) rider can build a 75 to 78 MPH ski for relitively low cost.
    However... what you need to remember is that you are woorking with a 4-stroke supercharged machine so a (low cost) build is a bit different from the low cost build of the 2-stroke days.

Comment

About how much and what is involved, if you don't mind helping a 4-stroke rookie? I DO appreciate your replies!!!!

Comment

Roughly $3500 in parts and some wrench time.

ECU reflash/wheel and spacer kit for more boost/fuel injectors/air intake/prop/fuel pressure regulator and exhaust mod if you like the louder grunt and a grate to maximize the effiecency of the pump.

That list should get you in the 75 to 78 mph range.

Comment

Thank you, BUDDAH. This is definitely the direction I am headfing in once the 2-strokes we own are retired.

Comment

Just remember me when you are shopping.

Comment

3500.00 in parts for a 78 mph ski. That's not bad considering how damn fast that is for a PWC. I would not want to fall off at those speeds. Ouch!

Comment

I hear you, Mike. My Ex was going through an S-course (can't remember how to spell slalom) and I fell off the back @ 55 mph and I still remeber how bad it hurt

Comment

skip....skip....float!!

Catch breath and locate ski. lol!!

Comment

Working...
                  X