SBT 4tec piston problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT 4tec piston problems

Bought an SBT rebuilt 155 hp rotax 4tec for my 2003 Sportster last year. With less than 20 hours on the engine the number 2 piston disintegrated. Put a scope in the spark plug hole and all we saw was connecting rod with pieces of aluminum in the pan. Any one else having problems with pistons SBT uses? Thank you for your input.
    Howard

People usually have problems with ANYTHING SBT produces.
    SBT is known for using cheap parts to build their products.

They should stand behind their warranty on this engine.

I would give them a call and see what their response tho this issue is.

SBT engines and components are priced WAY below OEM products.

If this is something you intend to keep and use, I would highly recommend an OEM long block to replace that SBT engine.

Comment

removed post sorry!
      Last edited by fn3d; 08-12-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Yep, it should be a warranty deal, if your not happy we'd be glad top build you a *Guarantied Performance* engine true to the Rotax OEM build from the factory. But call them and see if they'll help first would be my suggestion! Hope this helps you, GP@PPG

Comment

they agreed to look at it and we sent it to SBT. They agreed the piston blew apart do to no part of ours. They will send us a new motor with a 45 day warranty, unfortunately, the season is over in NJ. What can you do. Send me your contact info, I might be able to do business with you in the future.

Comment

We're the site provider, Perry Performance Group. We were a Sea-Doo dealer for many years, now we just recently separated ways with them, but in a good way, not a bad one! We are freed-up a bit more fro some rules that kept us from doing some other things other than just BRP products! The answer is YES, we build the best rebuilds on the planet! Second to none! We also include a years warranty with it too. We use all OEM parts, unless requested/needed for that particular build. PPG 954-929-1636 Be glad to help.
            Last edited by GP@PPG; 10-19-2016, 09:28 AM.

Comment

we just picked up the Scarab Jet boat dealer for NJ and Orange County NY, I'm sure you will hear from us, Jersey Jet Boats.

Comment

Very cool then!! Sorry but just now seeing this!! GP@PPG

Comment

Working...
                X