HIGH VOLTAGE light flickers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIGH VOLTAGE light flickers

Top of your day. I just acquired a speedster 2008, 155 and it works great save for the high voltage light that occasionally flickers. I took it into an official mechanic, and he says that there is nothing wrong with it. Any idea what could be causing a slight spike. The mechanic says that the voltage regulator is fine. I am at lost. Thanks. Roy.

The electrical system is made up of 3 main components.
    1 battery
    2 stator
    3 rectifier/regulator

If your mechanic says the regulator/rectifier is ok, then i would turn my attention to testing the output of the stator and see if possibly your spike is there.

If the light just flickers and goes away, then it may be very difficult to diagnose.

A Sea-doo dealer will have the proper connectors and software to monitor all the key functions where a garage mechanic may not have these tools.

Comment

Do the batteries ever run down? I am doubting sense you aren't saying that they do. They were VERY known for eating Regulator/Rectifier, it maybe that it IS failing, and it hasn't 100% failed yet, or could be a poor ground or other connection as well as any wiring harness inefficiencies. inspect it all closely, reg/rectifier was the number 1 failing part on them too though. The replacement one will be upgraded. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X