2008 Islandia Electrical issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Islandia Electrical issue

I have a 2008 Islandia. I just noticed that when key is plugged in dash lights flash & needles jump! Also horn has stopped working. No other problems noticed- engines start etc. Any ideas? Thanks.

Check ALL wire connections for good contact.

Clean ANY/EVERYTHING that looks dirty or corroded.

Horn might just be bad and in need of replacement, but the dash lights should cycle upon power up.
    (needles jump) do you mean they sweep from 0 to top speed and back to 0?

Comment

Horn just needed a fuse. Dealer says I need a new ECM-$656.99. Needles just barely move. They do not do the normal sweep across and back. No three beeps either. Dealer says it will take 8 hours and Sea-Doo advised the ECM replacement. Also, they want to do a supercharger maintenence at 100 hours that costs I believe $500 - $1000 apiece!! This sounds unbelievable to me!!

Comment

Price for the new ECM is right on point.

The kit to service the supercharger assembly properly cost $332.99 each then add labor to remove/dis-assemble/clean/rebuild/re-assemble and re-install.

Truth be told.... a true 100 hr service on a twin engine jet boat will put you back about $2k.
        That is... IF it is done correctly and per BRP manufacturers specifications which in my opinion is the ONLY way to do it.

Be very careful as many people will not service ALL components required when doing a (complete) 100 hr service.

Comment

oh.... and that price only holds true if there is NOTHING else wrong with the unit.

Frozen hardware/broken bolts/ issues the customer doesn't tell the shop doing the work, ETC.

Comment

Thanks. Dealer says after they contacted Sea-Doo they were told it was the VCM that needed to be replaced. Cost for me parts & labor = $1480.

Comment

diagnostic/labor and parts.... You did pretty good my friend.

Glad they were able to fix your problem without throwing a bunch of parts at it.

Comment

Working...
              X