what motor do i have

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what motor do i have

I have a 2012 seadoo challenger and can not figure out how to tell what engine I have. the 215 or the 255? does anyone know?

I'll check it out for you, dang all those different engine packages that COULD be in it! Let me check It out, brb

Comment

OK, there can be as many as FOUR different engines!! Not very common, but most seem to have the supercharged 215 HP engine. Let make ask you a couple of questions to help id your engine.
      at the rear of the engine, over towards the exhaust if you have a Super Charged 215 it will have a large ki9nda "Snail shaped" device at the rear of the engine. It isn't a tiny little part that bolts to the engine, it is rather big in contrast to other small parts all over it. Do you have ONE or TWO engines? If you end us your VIN# we can tell exactly what you have or you can snap a picture of it and post it, that will make it easier as well. Be glad to help!! If you aren't comfortable about posting the VIN here you can e-mail glen@sea-doo.net and we'll keep it private! Take care, and hope this helps you! GP@PPG

Comment

What model challenger do you have?
        Challenger 180
        Challenger 210
        Challenger 230

Need more info in order to properly help you.

Comment

I have challanger 180 sport

Comment

The Challenger 180 SP has the supercharged 260 HP power plant.

Comment

So I have one of the rare engines? So where do I turn to get a few hop up parts? I don't want extreme by no means. I'd like to hit 55-60 with just me and my wife in boat. I want the boat to last. It had 40 hours on it when I bought it. It now 55 it is A 2012 model. Idk if the super charger has been rebuilt or not. Is that a big deal to stay on top of?
              BTW I can run about 48 right now. It's tricky to do a blast off because it tries to suck air real bad. So I figure I need to replace my impeller and wear ring. I was just trying to make it till next year since there won't be much lake time left....well there is but it's just my scuba stuff so well go out dive and come back and will be driving rather slow so I had no worrys but next spring I'd love for her to be running in tip top shape

Comment

Supercharger should be (at the very least) pulled and inspected at 100 hrs. May require rebuild at that time.

This would be a good time to add a wheel and spacer kit to your S/C unit to increase the boost from 9 to 13 lbs.
                This is a GREAT increase in power across the board.

Things that can be added to this upgrade would be a jet pump impeller and a PPG 4" air intake system to help the the engine breathe better.

The last thing to add (if you wanna go all the way) would be a re-map of the ECU for added RPM and to eliminate certain limiters that keep these machines from achieving their full potential.

Comment

Ok this winter I will pull the S/C off and have it rebuilt.

Where can I get a upgraded impeller solas doesn't make one for my boat yet.

Comment

We sell impellers to suite just about every watercraft out there.

Solas does in fact make a impeller for your machine, but depending on what mods you plan on adding will help you decide what prop to purchase.

Different applications will warrant different pitch impellers.

Comment

how do I contact you. Idk if this boat will ever run 55 but I'd like it to. I'd like a hint more proformance out of it. It seems like it's working to hard all the time. I know I want a impeller and wear ring. I'm gonna rebuild the super charger this winter and thought about changing the compressor wheel in it. Then I want to make the engine noise less

Comment

You can call us at Perry Performance Group 954-929-1636.

Adding performance to your boat is definitely a task that we can help you with.

In terms of making the engine noise less than what you hear now may prove to be a bit challenging.
                        This may require the addition of a insulating or sound deadening mat/material in order to achieve a lesser audible DB noise from the engines internal compartment. Not saying it can not be done, just may require a little more than you are thinking.

Give us a shout. we are here to help in anyway we can.

Comment

Working...
                        X