need help i'm stumped!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help i'm stumped!!

1997 sea-doo gtx . when I first put the ski in the water I have no problems at all whatsoever. Starts perfectly. Launches great. Gets up and goes. After about 1 1/2 to 2 hours of riding, of course not all in one sitting, ski starts up fine then launch again and launches great up to about 35 to 40 mph then will not go any faster and have to back off of throttle or it will slowly start to die. Happens every time. even after sitting for about 30 to 45 min still the same. The next time I go out same exact thing happens all over again. Is there some tests that I could do when this starts happening again to narrow it down to certain components and order from you so I can fix this nightmare. Thank you very much.

Ok, sorry it took a bit to answer. Let's start at the basics. Can you or have you already applied the choke when it is running poorly? The reason I ask is that IF it responds and picks up and starts running better, we know it's *fuel* issue. If indeed it helps by trying this, the fuel system needs cleaning and updating. They are great Ski's but a few criteria need to be met or it will not run well. Truth is that I am more suspicious of the electrical part but need tom rule out the fuel system as it is quick and easy. Many times you can find out what it *is* by finding out what it *isn't*! Be glad to help, been spread very thin lately so been tough to get time to post! Let me know how it goes, we'll get ya there! GP@PPG, hope this helps!

Comment

well thank you for the reply.
      here is an update I replaced every single fuel green/gray hose with clear fuel hose that everyone says need to be replaced and added an external clear see thu fuel filter. I removed and cleaned power valves. spark plugs were incorrectly gaped @32 regapped to 24. water valve had a small pin hole leak so I replaced the whole valve. Test drove it this past weekend and no more stalling. the whole day went smooth and customer was very happy. I dont know which issue actually fixed the problem but customer was very happy and thats all that matters. Thank you very much

Comment

Oh that's GREAT news! At least you care about your customers! So many people can't find shops that truly *care*, we do and we have to put in the hours to show this, but we are supper busy when others have no work! Keep up the good job brother! GP@PPG

Comment

Working...
        X