Help me please help help help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me please help help help

I have a 1998 Seadoo Challenger 1800 I recently bought this boat. This boat has been completely restored from top to bottom new paint new vinyl engines rebuilt new jet pumps. The guy who did had this phone before me did a really nice job. That being said my first day out one of my starters when so I replaced that the next day out my other starter when so I replace that and then the next weekend out I sucked up rocks through the intake and trash both jet pumps. Fortunately I had a lot of spare parts from the original owner and all this really only cost me some time and hanging upside down in a hole, LOL. This past weekend after replacing or rebuilding both jet pumps I took the boat out once again. This time I didn't get it off the trailer because when I turn the key both engines would crank but neither engine would start. There is some fuel on the spark plug but I really don't think that it's enough fuel for all the cranking thing that I did trying to start. How frustrating I'm just completely baffled the tank is full I use seafoam and it started right up perfectly just an hour earlier. The only thing that I can gather that affects both engines is fuel. I've checked the fuses just to be sure but none of them are bad. It appears that my boat does not have a reserve tank switch I have not been able to find any reference to it or find the switch itself on my boat. So the short of it is my boat started that morning and then once at the marina all it would do is crank over neither engine will start. The only thing that stands in the way of the fuel and the engines would be the fuel sending unit that comes out of the top of the tank. I'm under the impression that the independent fuel pumps on each engine is responsible for pumping the fuel from the tank. Is this true where does the sending unit have something to do with pumping the few as well. Any help or advice with or sharing previous experiences with me would be greatly appreciated I like trying to tackle these things on my own but Summers taken away and I don't want to eat all mine I stayed up thinking I can fix my boat myself. Thank you have a great day!

When was the last time all the fuel filters were changed?

You mentioned that the plugs were wet with fuel, but are they fouled out?

Did you verify that you have good spark?

Comment

Working...
    X