No announcement yet.

Drive shaft boot continues to fail..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

direct me to the loaner program.. I have found a local non authorized guy who will check it for a 100.00.. I am a shade tree guy.. but as little visible movement that I see I don't understand who this could bust the boot.. im willing to try it..

Comment

Hey, GP I can not find loaner tools.. can you shoot me a link? may want to try myself.. the local guy says a week and half..

Comment

Ok, found a local shop that would rent the alignment tool... when I walked in the door.. she yes she asked why I need to rent.. I explain above.. her reply your shaft is bent..
        I confirmed alignment while I was there and its all good.. shaft has only a slight wobble.. which she says is enough.. she took me to the bench and showed me a boot torn exactly like mine and expressed "trust me"

I have new shaft on order and unless I post back.. this is the cause of a repeat shaft bellows failure.. that results in taking on water..

hope to have the son on the water next weekend!!!

ADDED NOTE: Thanks for all the suggests that help me locate a shop to help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well..... That would explain it.

After you verified the alignmement... the shaft was gonna be my next suggestion.

It would have been the only thimg left that could be causing your issue.

HAd you sucked up a rope or something in the past?

If so... this would have been a helpful tip in the diagnosis of your machine.

Hope this new shaft fixes your problem.

Comment

No rope...but I see that is a common thing.. She showed me a couple in the shop.. now they were really bent this one barely... and it only created issues with pushed to the max by my son. since purchased its been my daughters toy.. easy riding.
            Thanks again to all!

Comment

Let me ask you something, are your Bailer Tubes/Hoses Zyp-Tied-Up high in the hull, with the little yellowish plastic 90 Degree elbows up HIGH in the hull???! If not held well above the engines level. actually pump level, the *Bailers* will suddenly turn into *Water Injection* into your hull! Drive shaft has to be PERFECTLY straight, no matter what, or it will make the drive shafts couplings very hot and also leak. There are several other things you'd never imagine that would make it leak, but I mean REAL heavy water accumulation in a short amount of time. The faster you go the quicker it will fill with water!!

Comment

Working...
              X