FAILING IGNITION COIL?? 2007 Seadoo 4tec

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAILING IGNITION COIL?? 2007 Seadoo 4tec

I thought I had a failed battery problem so I changed it out with a new one [Deka ETX30L]. However, it did not correct the problem. The ski will immediately start up when it is cold, but will not start up again after I run it run for a while, shut it off and an attempt is made to re-start it. The engine turns over but just will not start.. But when I reconnect the battery charger, the ski would start up again. [Both the battery and charger check out OK]. Any ideas? 2007 SeaDoo GTX 4 Tec. Thank you!

Check the positive and negative cables. you may have a internally corroded wire inpeading the current flow.

Would be more prvelent when the electronics are hot.

Comment

Thank you very much for your re[ply... Checked them and they are AOK. Any other suggestions?

Comment

The battery should be Load-Tested to always eliminate it. I know it's new, but we had a guy in a week ago, he had put a brand new battery in his 4-TEC and he still had a dead electrics symptom!!
        So make sure to not just test it cause it lights up a bulb! A TRUE LOAD TESTER IS THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE!! Hope this helps you, let us know what you find.

Comment

Also you need to do an amp-draw test on the starter itself, all of this is important to getting it diagnosed issue!

Comment

When was the las time you changed the fuel filter in the fuel tank?

I have seen a clogged fuel sock overheat the pump and make it run hot causing a drop in the volume (flow) of fuel.
            This would create a lean condition and cause the engine to get heat soaked, which would make it very hard to start if at all when hot.

Let it cool and starts up and runs for a while.

Comment

Working...
            X