challenger steering cable and the crappy dealership

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• challenger steering cable and the crappy dealership

hi! I recently took my 1998 sea doo challenger 1800 to the shop because the steering was really hard all of a sudden. The shop said it wasn't the cable it was bushings. The fixed it and we took it out. Later that week the steering wheel became out of alignment, The wheel was about 90 degrees off. We brought it back to the shop thinking there was some adjustment that wasn't made. The boat ran well and other than the steering wheel being off, it steered fine. We get a call from the shop a week later saying that "while bringing the boat back from a test drive, the mechanic "snapped the steering cable". He indicated there was a bunch of sea weed jammed around the steering propulsion unit and the cable snapped because of all the pressure on it. HE then proceeded to tell us it was his fault and he takes full responsiblity for it - but our bill would be $400 for the cost of the new cable and the labor to put it in. I feel that I'm being played with - they're the only game in town right now and don't have the greatest reputation. HELP
Working...
X